Re: [Roadsters] Newest problem SAE / Metric

To: <eddietude@socal.rr.com>, Datsun Roadsters send mail
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Newest problem SAE / Metric
From: Jim In Virginia <wrenchorhammer@live.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:56:26 -0500
If everything is tight and runs OK, don't mess with it.   Re-tapping might
take away enough strength so that when you torque stuff down it will strip.
Then you will be going down the long bumpy road to heli-coil hell.  I mean one
or two heli-coils is fine, but it sounds like you may have a LOT!

Just my arm-chair engineering opinion.

I would also start making plans/saving money to accumulate parts to build a
proper engine, just in case something bad happens pre-maturely.

Good Luck,

Jim

Chesapeake, Va