[Roadsters] Alternator/generator questions

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Alternator/generator questions
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:21:53 -0800
Hi all,

In going through my box of spare parts that came with my car, I found
some stuff, and am not sure if they are random parts that ended up in
the box from a previous owner OR if they are actual Datsun Roadster parts...

1st, a generator.  Not an alternator, but a generator..

Did roadsters ever use a generator?

2nd, a Mitsubishi alternator.  This one is perplexing, as it doesn't
mount the way my 1966 model does.  The 1966 one has two 'tabs" that grab
either side of the mounting braket that's attached to the side of the
motor.

Anyone know if these are from a roadster, or just random crud that was
in the box?  (I also found two carbeurators, that were NOTHING off a
roadster... so I'm wondering..)

Eddie