Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop sunroof idea, whadya-think

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hardtop sunroof idea, whadya-think
From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:52:52 -0700 (PDT)
All sunroofs are good for is leaking - and getting a sunburn on the top of your
head...

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA

"O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com> wrote: >From the files of "don't
you have enough projects, and can't you leave
well enough alone":

I have a beautifully restored hardtop, (no side windows, says "Tyler" on
the inside label) given to me by a generous roadster owner who was not
going to use it.
Not sure if I will ever use it as well, as I always go topless (eww, bad
mental picture there), and have realized my "bimini top" idea isn't
going to work, as my head sticks up above the windshield frame line, so
the canvas would be sitting on my head.

So anyway, I saw this posted locally:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/655433664.html

And thought about either installing it in the hardtop, either in the
roof (conventional) or as a replacement for the back window
(un-conventional) to aid in ventilation / air flow.

Opinions, suggestions welcomed.  (wish I could find an alternate source,
similarly priced, a bit closer..... Any list members near Escondido?)

Fergus O
69 2000, delusions of project time grandeur
HB, CA
You are subscribed as gkmcc@sbcglobal.net

Datsun-roadsters mailing list

http://www.team.net/archive