[Roadsters] I got it! (but you guys figured it out)

To: Datsun roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] I got it! (but you guys figured it out)
From: Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:17:44 -0700 (PDT)
   Little red is up and runing. I still need to fine tune, but she runs.

   The initial setting for the carbs I tried was 1 and a quarter turns
   out/down.

   I think this will prove to be a bit rich, but I have other fish to fry
   before I get to that. I have an oil leak, hopefully just a loose
   distributor oiler line. I'd hate to think I screwded up the rear main
   seal.... It was the first one I ever put in.

   But she runs, she idles after a fashion, but I didn't get her fully
   warmed up. I did discover my timing was about 10 degrees too high as
   well. Stupid me.

   I plan to see about the leak next.

   Thanks EVERONE! This is a great example of the value of this list.

   Kudos!

   JimG in NJ