Re: [Roadsters] volvo brake conversion

To: garytew@cox.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] volvo brake conversion
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:10:55 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2008 6:50:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
garytew@cox.net writes:

I've  been driving the Roadster, trying to dial in the fuel tables on the
EFI.   There have been a few issues but that's to be expected on  a
project like this.   One I'm trying to resolve is the front  brakes.
The Volvo calipers are heating up and locking the  brakes after  a short
(15min or so) drive.  After the brakes  cool, the wheels turn freely
again but when they are hot, I can't push the  car.   Any ideas on this.
I'm using Dean's dual master  cylinder setup.  I've thought about  buying
new pads and seeing  if I can get them machined down slightly to
compensate for the  expansion.  Don't know if that's possible yet.
Anyone  experienced this trouble before?

Gary Tew
Peoria, AZ
67 1600  VG30E
www.members.cox.net/garytew

Also make sure the master cylinder is being released all the way. If the
piston is depressed a little one of the ports gets covered and the fluid will
not bleed back to the resivoir. As the brake fluid heats up it expands. Having
no where to go it applies the brakes.

keith

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)