Re: [Roadsters] Rear springs? (new question)

To: "Brian Reynolds" <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>, "Roadster List"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rear springs? (new question)
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:16:41 -0800
I asked a friend of mine to confirm what I remembered, and he agreed with my
recollection.

DON'T lift the car to the point where your tires are off the ground.
Lifting it is not a bad idea, but only as far as removing the weight off the
tires, and not off the ground.

While years ago a "flat spot" was something to avoid, nowdays that isn't as
much of a problem.  However, the biggest problem with this is that even
under the most spirited use, your car never gets airborne for an extended
period of time (I did say extended for those of you speed bump jumpers and
San Francisco Hill Stunt Drivers.), and as such you will now be applying
pressure and stress to the complete opposite range of the normal motion of
the suspension system.  Five months may be long enough to cause problems
once you lower the car and put it back on the road.

As far as reversing the spring sag....nope.  Only if you were to apply
enough downward pressure to effect a deformation of the spring....which is
what they do when they re-arch them. They don't do that while they're
mounted on the car.

2"

From: "Brian Reynolds"