[Roadsters] re. question- transporting a roadster US to Canada

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] re. question- transporting a roadster US to Canada
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 15:28:14 -0500 (EST)
I haven't transported a car to Canada, but I've spoken with people who
have. Here's my two cents:

1. A car has to clear a U.S. exit control in addition to entrance control
on the Canadian side. The US side asks that the paperwork be sent to them
24hrs(longer?) in advance. If this is not done, the driver could be stuck
overnight at the border. If no clear title to the car exists, then I think
you need to get a bill of sale or something notorarized by a lawyer - I'm
not sure so you would need to look into this further.

2. Don't lower the value of the car to pay less in tax and duties on the
Canadian side. They can delay entry for hours, days, or seize the car(!?)
Basically, it's not worth the risk.

Hope this helps.
-Brian
Toronto

boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New
Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca