[Roadsters] OT-MG threads.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT-MG threads.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:08:23 +1030
--===============0473318571==

 All this trouble we have with threads reminds me of a yarn I heard from an
MG afficiendo some years ago.
Apparantly, in the early days, MGs were sent to a plant in France for some
assembly, then shipped back to Pommyland.
France was really clever and at that time, used their own version of metric,
true pre-ISO stuff.
Anyhoo, the boffins at Morris Garages, England, noticed that their wrenches,
which were non metric, would not fit the fasteners.
They sent an edict to the Froggies to desist using fasteners with weird ass
threads and sizes.
The French, in their quiet provincial, anti-anglo saxon way, then proceeded
to use the same metric threaded fasteners with RESIZED hex heads so the Poms
wrenches would fit!
Good grief!!

9:40 PM

9:40 PM