Re: [Roadsters] Miata vs stock seats (was "Re: X-Country")

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Miata vs stock seats (was "Re: X-Country")
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:50:12 GMT
My girlfriends 2000 BMW Z3 seats are not nearly as comfortable as my Roadsters
(67 2000) in my opinion.  And it was my car that Pete spent several hours in!
Actually, my Roadster is one of the more comfortable distance drivers (for
seats anyway) that I have been in outside of huge land cruisers, despite the
comp springs.  My head rest posts were nicely modified (cut and welded) to
tilt forward and actually be useful (not sure you can do that on later seats).
Don't know about Miata seats... no experience.
And Pete, when the weather is good in Washington again we can do another
drive!  Back side of Mt St Helens this time?  Now THAT is a road!  Gotta keep
you motivated!
Greg Burrows

-- alvin gogineni <alvingogi@hotmail.com> wrote:
BMW Z3 seats for the win!
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2926023400091305389uWCWzHAlvin
GogineniSan Jose, CA67.5 SPL/SR20> From: ppeters914@comcast.net> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:22:15 +0000>
Subject: [Roadsters] Miata vs stock seats (was "Re: X-Country")> > True, but
find myself getting antsy in the seats of our 2002 Miata after 4 hours.
Haven't had my roadster running for longer than 20 minutes to compare, but I
did ride all day (with some breaks) in a 67.5 2000 w/ comp springs. Stiff,
but
I didn't find it that objectionable for a 40yo vehicle.> > Guess it depends
on
how iron your butt is, hehehehehehe. > > Pete "looking forward to a
loooooooong trip in his roadster someday"> > -------------- Original message
----------------------> From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@sbcglobal.net>> > In
fairness to Datsun, Miata seats have a couple of decades of ergonomic > >
development on the stock seats in our Datsuns - and will be physically much >
> newer, to boot!> > > > Gary McCormick> > '70 2000 SRL311-13291> > San Jose,
be attempted > > without the> > benefit of Miata seats, that in my humble
opinion is an area that Datsun could> > have been better at.<snip>> >