[Roadsters] Model considerations [was: Twisties was: why 67.5is

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>,
Subject: [Roadsters] Model considerations [was: Twisties was: why 67.5is
From: Jim InVirginia <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:47:06 -0500
Pete,
Yes, back in the day, the last digit on the year on the VIN plate was left
blank.  The dealer stamped it in.

As for the guy on the list wondering about his 67 which appears to have a
serial number in the 66 range, that is probably because his car was built in
66 and sold in 67 with a dealer stamped plate.  I took a look at my cars since
I happen to have a 67 and a 65 and my numbers bracket his, which is additional
proof.  He also has an iron head, which is a 66 feature.

My 67 "SAKE RKT" driver:   09059
My 65 parts car roller:       02178

Hope this helps!
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia

> From: ppeters914@comcast.net> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:39:21 -0800> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Model considerations
[was: Twisties was: why 67.5is black]> > I understand 'em selling and titling
a built-in-66 as a 67 if they sold it> in 67, but did the dealers stamp the
VIN plate? Thought that was done at the> factory...> > Pete> > -----Original
Message-----> From:
datsun-roadsters-bounces+ppeters914=comcast.net@autox.team.net>
[mailto:datsun-roadsters-bounces+ppeters914=comcast.net@autox.team.net] On>
Behalf Of John F Sandhoff> Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:02 AM> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Model considerations
[was: Twisties was: why 67.5is> black]> > > > ...the matching numbered early
67 I recently picked up seams to> > have a low vin number of 3595 and the
engine is 99xx and has a cast> > iron head... I would have sworn it was a 66
due the low vin # but the> > plate on the firewall has a "7" stamed on it,
title also says> > 67.> > Sounds like you have a '66 that was sold in 1967.
The dealers stamped the> date on the plate at the time of sale. So a '66
arrived at the dealer, sat> on the lot for awhile, sold in '67 at which point
the dealer labelled it as> a '67 car.> > -- John> John F Sandhoff
sandhoff@csus.edu Sacramento, CA