Alternator conversion belt

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator conversion belt
From: <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:26:45 -0700
Hi all. Me again.

Using the two belt part numbers from the 311.org site for the alt conversion, I
had no joy at one place the next place had five different belts for two numbers
(?). The three he could find were too big.

Does any one know a belt that I can go to the local part store and get that
will work for this conversion?

Alt is going on a 70 1600 engine. Alt came off of the 68 1600 engine (part car)
that had the conversion done to it already. Alt has been tested and works fine.
Belt that was on the part car is too old to use.

The alt is a Delco Remy. The numbers on it are 11007 8 1 37A 6J30 12VNEG
The 8 may be this sign: &    I am not sure. 37 amps I am guessing, should I
even bother? (remember, I am clueless and learning as I go)...

Sorry to be so bloody verbose again!!!!!

TIA

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL