Re: Clutch

To: <will-mart14@cox.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:52:03 -0600
When I recently installed the self-rebuilt 5-speed and stroker in my '67 -
1600, I discovered that using my low mileage 4-speed (1600) pressure plate
and disc with the T.O. arm and T.O. bearing sleeve of the 5-speed (2000)
didn't provide enough throw to engage the pressure plate. When I mated the
original T.O. arm and T.O. from the 4-speed, (now all clutch components from
the 4-speed) everything worked perfectly.

My theory, without having a 2000 pressure plate to compare, is that the
4-speed pressure plate must be considerably shorter in height. If anyone
could compare the two, I'd be curious to know the difference.

To answer your question, my experience says yes, if you use the 1600
components, pressure plate, disc, T.O. arm and T.O bearing and sleeve
TOGETHER.

Mike Hudson  '67 - R20 / 5 speed