RE: Part number, clutch slave return spring

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Part number, clutch slave return spring
From: "Richard Hugi" <Richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:48:59 -0700
Fergus O wrote:

"already too late to have a low enough spring rate to NOT build a
beefy calf muscle)"

I have a similar problem on my throttle return; the spring that came with
the carbs isn't strong enough to return back to idle. I've loosened the
throttle cable, plenty of slack, checked to make sure that nothing is
obstructing it, backed out the maintenance screw. I just can't find the
right spring to return and not have a sore foot after driving it. I've been
through 6 different springs and the only one I can tolerate that does the
job is still too stiff. I might pull off the linkage and wire wheel it a bit
and see if that helps.

Richard