RE: 5 speed shifting

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 5 speed shifting
From: "Al Boettcher" <datsunsports@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:05:32 -0700
In the past former racers of Datsuns I knew of  would use a stainless steel
pin inserted
in the center of the shear pin after in its in  place..if this means
installing a slightly larger one to
do it...Since the housing will be off you can beef up the rest of the shear
pins in the shift
forks .also recheck all the bearings and look for shavings at the plug for
possible problems.
  Sorry but I do not know where to get the stainless pins possible from roller
bearings ..etc.
Some other old time racers may know this trick....
Al Boettcher
68 solex