roadsters, small world stuff

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadsters, small world stuff
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:27:08 -0500
got a call from a guy in vermont last night who'd bought what he said he
thought was a 67 2000... had known about it for years and ended up getting
it for doing a porch job for the owner... said it was from texas... funny
thing, I was able to tell him what it looked like (needs complete resto,
interior shot, one door badly caved in with involvement into the rear
quarter... where it sat, what the guy's house looks like, and that it was a
'68 or '69) I'd lost the muffler on my old ford truck going up the hill to
do a Primestar to DirecTv conversion for the owner probably 8 years ago...he
said he knows someone who will give him $1500 for the car as is, I told him
to sell it as it's the most profit he'll ever see off that car... then he
tells me he's into Land Rovers.. I told him I knew where there was a '65
model 109 4dr up in Vermont and turned out he'd come across it also, about a
hundred miles away from where he lives, and was headed up there today to pay
for it...sometimes it seems the world is smaller than you think :-)  too bad
he's paying about twice what it really could have been bought for ;-)

Craig
mostly roadsters