Re: GB EI Distributor problem

To: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: GB EI Distributor problem
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 06:34:54 -0800
You can change the initial distributor timing by repositioning the
intermediate shaft in relation to the jackshaft gear.  The
intermediate shaft is the piece that the drive tip of the distributor
engages.  It is necessary to remove the distributor to access the
intermediate shaft.  Lift and rotate the shaft and then drop it
back.  It is necessary to have the orientation of the oil pump shaft
rotated also so that the intermediate shaft will drop down.  The
drive tab on the distributor and its mating slot in the intermediate
shaft are offset so that there is only one position where they will mate.

Suggest that you put the engine at top dead center before making any
change and note the orientation of the intermediate shaft so that you
can always go back.

Stan
====