Re: De-Smogged 1970 SPL

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: De-Smogged 1970 SPL
From: Tim Putland <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 7:33:58 -0700
Please reply to the list as we were just discussing needles here last night.
And thinking about swapping out the needles if there is a better size for the
desmogged motors.

We were also wondeing about a valve that is mounted between the carbs on the
crossover chamber.It has a vacuum hose attached that runs to the air cleaner.
Supossed to dump clean air into the carbs when backing off the throttle. Does
this valve help with dropping the motor back to idle?  ( Maybe called a Gulp
valve??) Does this need any adjusting?

Thanks all!

--
Tim
Belleville, WI.

---- peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi
First thanks to all those of you who gave me info re timing of smogged v.
dessmogged.

I since realise I may have another problem - that of carburettor jetting -
what size etc.

Any input gratefully received - also if anyone has ANY comments about ANY
changes caused by desmogging a 1970 1600, I owld appreciate them.

Peter