door weatherstripping

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: door weatherstripping
From: stan k <stathy@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:37:17 -0700
Hi all

I'm at the assembly stage on my '69 and cannot figure out how to install
the door weatherstripping.
I'm assuming that along the sil it is held in by the aluminum runners but
when I get to the pillars there is no aluminum trim pieces.

Do they just get press fitted in these areas onto the body?
If that is the case then the weatherstripping would have to be cut in 3 pieces
which doesnt seem right to me.

I've searched through hundreds of pics but cannot seem to find one that shows me
the correct way to install.
Unfortunately I bought the car partially disassembled so I have no reference.

Any help (or pics) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Stan in Coquitlam
69-1600