Re: need help installing Mike Youngs comp springs

To: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Subject: Re: need help installing Mike Youngs comp springs
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:01:59 -0500
Hey Stephan, and List,
I could use some input also. I just installed Mike Young's springs with new
upper, rubber seats. By lowering the front suspension, is it normal for the
toe out to increase and the camber to become more negative (top of tires
tilted inward, bottom outwards)?

The problem is, after resetting my camber to a negative 1.5 degrees, I've
had to drastically adjust out (lengthen) my center rod link and I'm left
with about a 1/4" of rod thread going into each of the end joints. Even with
the locknuts tightened up, I'm haunted by such a small amount of threaded
connection on a steering component.
Mike Hudson  '67 - 1600