re: cat odor

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: cat odor
From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:14:59 -0500
Hi guys and gals,
I can give you the opinion of a veterinarian (me).  Just about any of the odor
neutralizers will work, but it seems that each cat's individual chemistry may
make one brand work better than another.  The Nature's Miracle brand seems to
work for most, but I've had others report it didn't work at all.  Which ever
you use, make sure you absolutely follow their directions.  For the money,
plain vinegar works most of the time if you let it soak.  Do not use any
ammonia based cleansers, since that is the same odor as urine.  Bleach will
work, but make sure you have plenty of ventilation, and wear gloves, the
chemical reaction can produce nasty fumes and painful heat...
One of the last conferences I attended had a long discussion about
inappropriate urination in cats, and the speaker recommended a product called
Anti-Icky Goo.  I've never seen it sold, but I love the name.
Ken Williams, DVM
Janesville, WI
'67 1600