Re: OT: Electric cars

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT: Electric cars
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:54:43 -0400 (EDT)
> unfortunately,
>topics like this get so politicized that both sides of the debate end
>up skewing "facts" their way and spinning things out of control;

I love how they blame big oil, Bush, Cheney, Haliburton, GM, and everyone else
they can think of.

I've always scoffed about the whole saving the environment arguement issue with
electric cars.  Where does the electricity come from?  Coal burning power
plants? Nuclear? Enron?  Big greedy polluting corporations.

In a free society the market place will dictate what products are purchased.
People are willing pay big bucks for gas and pollute the atmosphere with SUV's.
 Until the people are ready to use less gas and (possibly) have less pollution
then it isn't going to happen.

I would think that $3 per gallon gas would have people lined up for electric
cars and hybrids.  The new hot money making product would be electric and
hybrid cars.  All auto makers would want to cash in (since they are big greedy
corporations).   What we actually see is limited demand and limited response by
manufacturers.

They attempt to make their research seem so credible.  Did you check the
resources they used?  NY Times, LA Times, National Enquirer, Greenpeace.  LOL!

Roadster content:

I think I'll convert the Roadster to electric so that I can pay $400 a month to
the electric company instead of Phillips 66.