Auto Auctions (was 97KTR4)

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Auto Auctions (was 97KTR4)
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 08:26:00 -0700 (PDT)
Toby, interesting topic, since I am an Auctioneer.
You are right about one thing, the Barrett-Jackson
syndrome has changed the perception of Auto Auctions,
and apparently for millions of people, myself
included, it is fun to watch.  The fact that it is
ridiculous for real world car guys, makes it no less
entertaining, and face it, those auctions have some
unbelievably stunning cars! But like you, I yearn for
reality, reality.

I am planning a series of "real world" Classic Car
Auctions, probably starting in Charleston SC this
fall, and some great plans for next spring also, where
real car guys can buy "real" classics that can, and
should be driven off the floor, and enjoyed.  No
Champagne and Caviar $100 entry fee, just a good
honest auction of cars valued between $5,000-$50,000.

An auction is just that, willing buyer, willing
seller, sells today at whatever it is worth.  Buyers
go to auctions looking for a bargain.  Sellers want
top dollar.  The $97K TR-4 obviously fit the
definition for both parties, or there would not have
been a sale.  For you that means, but as cheaply as
you can, (and there will always be bargains out there)
then consign it to www.harperauctionandrealty.com or
Barrett-Jackson, or whoever, to sell at their next
auction.

BTW, I hope the guy with the cheezy mustache shows up
at mine! ;>)

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000