RE: Aftermarket Water Temp

To: "lonestar" <lonestar@cmc.net>
Subject: RE: Aftermarket Water Temp
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:51:57 -0700
> ...BSR solved the problem by splitting the rad hose into 2 pieces,
> connected by a short piece of tubing with rolled beads on each end.

A word of warning. Techniques such as these measure the
WATER temperature. If you lose your coolant (bad radiator, failed
hose), your gauge will very happily register COOL while your engine
cooks, warps, and seizes. The nice thing about the 1600 sender
is if you lose coolant the sensor starts monitoring head temp. Not
as true for the 2000 sensor location, I'm afraid.

-- John