blue '69 2000 on ebay with SR20DET

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: blue '69 2000 on ebay with SR20DET
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:56:11 -0400
anyone notice this car? other than the engine swap, I probably know more
about this car than the owner. Elaine and I did 3400 miles in it on our
honeymoon, and I owned it twice. it was a good car for me... the engine they
pulled out of it had about 30k miles on a rebuild. ran fine when they bought
it, 2nd gear synchro slightly soft as I recall... dropped a valve seat about
as soon as they got it home, a random event they were uncomfortable about
being so close to time of purchase. my recommendation was to do the head and
put it back on and put the U20 back in, seller's son wanted to go the hotrod
setup. I have a couple photos of the car before I sold it, at the time it
was my only driver roadster and not my intention to sell it, but that was
the one they wanted and probably the best I had available. body/chassis are
1600 originally, still titled to the frame I'd imagine.

Craig