Re: '69 fuse/blinker woes, latest chapter

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '69 fuse/blinker woes, latest chapter
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:21:27 -0700
Fergus,
You're on the right track. The sockets are grounded. Sounds like you have a
short somewhere that causes excessive amperage draw.
I suspect the socket has grounded itself through the rust? That would explain
why the fuse heats up before blowing rather than blowing immediately as it
there was a zero resistance short(wires touching each other).  Make sure the
center conductors are not being bridged to the socket with rust. Some naval
jelly may be in order.  Dimming also indicates excessive current draw away
from the bulb filaments.  A digital ammeter will indicate this if bridged
between one end of the fuse and the fuse block connection it should snap into
(wire in series). Just make sure you ammeter is of greater capacity than the
fuse.

Steve
70' 1600

Trying to convince my wife that a 8 hr scenic drive is worth $60 in gas.