Wilwood big brake kit!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wilwood big brake kit!
From: Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 23:00:43 -0700
I have had this setup for 2 months now and I've finally racked up enough
miles/track duty to give a fair review for you folks.

Bottom line: I love it!

Don't want to worry about cool down, fading, warping, esoteric pad
compounds, brake ducting?  These might be the brakes for you, especially if
teeter that fine line between full-time street car/part-time track car!  I
considered modifying the braking system of my roadster after I ran out of
brakes at Turn 2 at Laguna Seca.  That experience started my search for
better brakes, which culminated in my decision to buy a big brake kit.

Brakes were always a sour spot for my roadster once I decided to track it,
and it was even worse with the newfound power of SR swap. I wanted a brake
setup that would incorporate an internally vented rotor(as opposed to the
stock solid), a lightweight caliper, and not necessitate the use of
full-race compound pads or cooling devices/ducts for open track days that I
love doing.

I have complete confidence in braking at the track now. I had chronic brake
fade problems with my previous setup when trying to drive 10/10ths,
especially at tracks like Laguna Seca where heavy braking is frequent.

Street performance is marginally improved. Pedal feel is much better, but on
the track is truly where they shine. If I could sum it up with one word it
would be: confidence.

This kit is not the "end all" for brake setups on your roadster! It's
definitely not for everyone. It is just one of many options available to us.

This kit is available from Troy Ermish Racing, in Fremont California. It is
based on the same, lightweight Wilwood setups he installs on his 510 race
cars, but with a slightly larger rotor. It is a direct bolt-on. No
fabrication or irreversible modifications are needed. The only caveat is the
15" wheel diameter requirement. A 14" AR Libra will clear the caliper, but a
spacer must be used. I'm not sure if Troy has test fitted other 14"
roadster-friendly wheels. A 15x6 Panasport FS clears perfectly.

The kit includes the Wilwood Billet Dynalite calipers, vented rotors with
custom hats/bolts, stainless steel braided brake lines, and adaptors.

Pictures of the setup installed on my roadster:

http://community.webshots.com/user/alving035

Please contact Troy at 510-252-1001 for more information.