carburetor question- SU's

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: carburetor question- SU's
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:26:57 -0400
the carbs on the blue roadster I trailered to RA seem to be dumping a large
amount of gas into the engine, glad I didn't run it more than 15 seconds or so
each time I started it... oil was showing almost a quart high...when I pulled
the drain plug to empty the crankcase, reminded me somehow of the night before
my colonoscopy....carbs are Z Therapy, and are late emissions style. problem
with the Grose-Jets?  the line that would on a later roadster go back to the
other inlet on the tank is just capped off by PO... seems I noticed years back
that there is a lot of gas flow back into the tank- could this cause the
problems? overboosting and no place for excess gas to go? still have early
single inlet tank in the car. I'm (obviously) not a carb guy and appreciate
any input.

Thanks-
Craig