Spike TV Powerblock

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spike TV Powerblock
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:13:47 -0600
I know many of us on the list are into other rolling toys in addition to the
Roadsters and/or other classic Datsuns. I grew up playing with and drag
racing Chevys at strips in the DFW area including Green Valley and
Kennedale, and I like to keep up with the state of the art in domestic
classics.

Some time ago, when it was still TNN, Spike started airing a couple of auto
hobby shows called Horsepower and Trucks. Both shows are well produced and
often offer how-to segments on techniques that have broader applications
than the specific project they're working on at the time.

Several months ago an off-road focused show, Extreme 4 X 4, was added
followed by in January by Muscle Car. While I'm not particularly interested
in off-roading, Extreme offers a lot of fabrication, and other, techniques,
and on Muscle Car is doing a frame off on a late ('60s) Charger and building
a new (old) Camaro, seriously. On both of these they're showing how they
find and fix problems with these older cars plus how to really fine tune
body panel gapes. Very interesting if you're a gearhead like most of us.

The shows are on mid-day Saturdays and repeated on Sundays. I record them on
my cable DVR then dump them into my video editing computer. I edit out the
commercials and when I have a couple of hours worth of clips I want to
archive, burn them to a DVD. You can do pretty much the same thing with a
VHS deck. Worth a look in any case.

FWIW,
Ron