Re:to chrome or not to chrome

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:to chrome or not to chrome
From: "paul g. reichert" <ocblue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:59:31 -0500
Stan, you face the dilema that pretty much everyone who has ever restored a
car goes thru.I can tell you from experience that you won't be happy with
rusty old pitted chrome on your new paint job.Rechroming is great if they do a
top notch job but then your lenses and gaskets will still look shabby.Since
you asked, my advise is buy new stuff since it's available, you'll be much
happier with the overall appearance.Good luck.
Paul
68 1600 new paint/new chrome under a car cover in a chicken coop for the
winter!