windshield wipers

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: windshield wipers
From: "Jason Roosa" <jroosa@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 21:57:10 -0800
Oliver -

I went through the same issue you are having a few years back and in hind
sight I would recommend spraying some penetrating fluid onto the threads over
a few days time. The threads are pretty soft and there appears to have been
some sort of thread lock applied to them (possibly from the factory). If I
remember correctly I had to hold onto the base from the underside of the dash
and turn them slow. It's much easier with two people. Don't mess up the
threads cause the replacement parts are hard to come by.

Jason Roosa
Puyallup, WA
'67 1600