Pontiyack Solstice - and Miata Trunks (getting waaay OT)

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, 9laser3@bright.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Pontiyack Solstice - and Miata Trunks (getting waaay OT)
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 06:29:15 -0500
I fit 17 paper grocery sacks of food into my 96 Miata.  You can put the
heavy ones with cans that they only fill about half way behind the seat, and
just carefully pack the trunk and passanger area with the rest.

The thing that bothers me is the weight of these cars (Miata, Solstice, etc)
continues to creep up, and the fun tossable-ness of them creeps away.
Mostly due to federal regulations, and everyone looking for the 5 star crash
rating, and everyones demands for a million options.

I am pleased with my $4.5 M edition used Miata after about 6 months and
10Kmiles.  29-32 MPG and it makes me smile every time it drive it.  It has
not been trouble free though, and parts are sometimes expensive.  Check
Engine Light was a crank sensor, about $300 for the dignostics and
replacement.  Radiatior split its platic head tank, this was about $250 and
I replaced that myself.

Of course, for much more fun, I take the 67 Roadster pushrod 2L out!
Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake
Virginia

>From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
>To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>,        "Roadsters"
><datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,        "510s"
><bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>
>Subject: Solstice - was Tires, tires, tires!
>Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:32:02 -0500
>
>I checked out a Solstice a few days back and while it is quite a stunner it
>is a totally useless car.
>
>There is absolutely no trunk so going to the beach is out, going on a
>weekend trip is out and even going to do some local shopping is out.
>
>The novelty will wear off and when people realize the car serves no real
>function they will migrate to the Miata which does have a trunk and which I
>used to schlepp a bunch of stuff to the Glen.
>
>Another bonehead mistake by GM. They shoulda learned from the MR2 but
>didn't.
>
>The interior is chintzy too.
>
>IMHO,
>Mike

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!