RE: Fuel Gauge / Sender

To: "'Eric Hankinson'" <eric@railpros.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Gauge / Sender
From: "limprod" <limprod@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 06:44:30 -0800
0Y (empty) - 100 ohms (full) - backwards from most others?

Can someone verify this?

I know the resistance range is correct, but much like the specs I see from other
senders manufacturers, I did not note which is empty/full.  (I'm thinking it was
reverse)

On that note the consortium said that under dash voltage regulator output will
vary in order to compensate the gauges' variations to air temps. I do not
remember reading how much it varies exactly, but it seems to center around 7
DCV.  Maybe a quick voltage poll of Roadster owners in the Arizona heat and
Roadsters half buried in snow can be done. =)