Body Mount Pads

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body Mount Pads
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:54:32 -0700
Are all the body mount pads supposed to be 1/4"?

I've just put a new set on my car and it seems the 2 mounts in the engine bay
need 3/8" pads..??

All the other 1/4" pads seem to be tight between body and frame, but there is
at least 1/8" more space on the two engine bay pads.

Are any of these pads supposed to be 3/8"?

Also, I got some 3/8" closed cell foam to replace the horsehair pads, but they
don't come close to being thick enough. Looks like I'll need 5/8" or more to
get any kind of compression to keep them in place.

How thick should these pads be?

Thanks as always.

This is the last hurdle (I hope) before I can put it all back together and go
for a drive with the stroker motor and 5spd tranny.

Daryl
'66 started out as 1600.