Re: How to remove all the Chrome

To: "Scott Occhiuto" <calabria1922@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: How to remove all the Chrome
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:27:18 -0500
The hood scoop slides off.  If it's stuck you might have to use a block of
wood and a hammer to help it along.  Just tap lightly along the edge.

The emblems are held in place with push-on clips.  They consist of a
not-quite-flat piece of spring steel with two small wing-like tabs in the
center.  They are pressed into place on the emblem studs.  Getting them off
will make a preacher cuss but it can be done.  Take a small screw driver or
knife point and bend one of the tabs up and it will slip off.  Flatten the tab
and press back into place when replacing the emblems.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
roadster@schroeder-family.us
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900