Leaf Spring Specs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaf Spring Specs
From: "Andrew Conner" <awconner@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:44:35 -0500
I have my rear suspension disassembled and am in the process of cleaning,
inspecting, and replacing parts (if necessary).  I'm thinking of having the
leaf springs re-arched if necessary, but I'm not sure if it is necessary or
not.  My springs could be good as new; I just don't know how to tell.
Does anyone have a way to tell how far "out of spec" the stock leaf springs
are in order to be able to have them brought back to where they should be?
Or if you have a prescription for an appropriate drop of an inch or so
(relative to stock) that would be good information as well.
Thank you.

Andy Conner
SRL 311-01633
Cedar Park, TX