Re: Detailing Datsuns

To: "Jones Barton" <Jones_Barton@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Detailing Datsuns
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:13:54 -0700
> ...The questions is what do you do to fight oxidation.  I have some
> oxidation occurring on my hood.  I use some Maguire's wax but that
> only last a week or so before the dullness shines through.

In my younger years I had a Datsun 1200 with similar paint. I ended
up using TR-7 Resin Glaze (name of product, not type of car). That
stuff would actually hold up for awhile. HOWEVER, it is silicone
based and the scourge of paint shops. It can be very difficult to
get the surface totally stripped and clean of these compounds in
preparation for spraying new paint, so I would not recommend it if
you forssee a repaint in your future.

-- John