Re: GM alt belt part number

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <ricksrl@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: GM alt belt part number
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:13:29 -0700
Rick (and list),
I did this swap recently and monkeyed for quite some time exchanging
belts.  I finally settled at p/n 15380 , which means 38" long. (that's a
Pep Boys/Schucks/Kragen part number) I forget the prefix that means
Internal teeth versus external grooves, but the only one that worked was
the internal teeth belt.  The 15388 was so long that it swung the alt to
within 1/4" of the end of the adjustment stroke, which I didn't like.
This one needed a little tight squeezing to get it on, but not enough to
damage the belt.
Hope this helps,  Fergus O, 69 2000, HB,CA