RE: Windshield Polishing?

To: "'Eric Hankinson'" <eric@railpros.com>
Subject: RE: Windshield Polishing?
From: "Joe Kinstle" <joek@camberconstruction.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:27:28 -0700
Eric, where did you get that price?  Seems quite high.  I thought they
really ran in the $3-400 range, even though they are supposedly NLA.

At any case, you can certainly polish glass.  We've done small scratches on
tempered, as well as plate, and it is a lot of work, but comes out okay.  I
don't know about a whole windshield, let alone what the vision might be
like.  You might try calling a windshield repair place, the type of company
that comes and fixes cracks and scratches on new car windshields.

That said, try searching google for glass polish and take your pick.
Certainly try some heavy-duty cleaner before you get into trying to polish
the whole thing.

Joe Kinstle
'68 2L