Credit card scam

To: carl.hatfield@comcast.net, cheshireqat@attbi.com, Connollyba@yahoo.ca,
Subject: Credit card scam
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.com" <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 04:53:39 GMT
I received a warning from a reliable source regarding a new credit card scam
that is going around.  Unfortunately I deleted the email, but in essence a
person calls from Visa or Mastercard, they HAVE YOUR NUMBER and indicate they
are from the fraud dept.  What they are looking for is the 3 digit security
code on the back of your card.  DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM.  Their call sounds very
legitimate, but it is not.  Tell them you will call your credit card company
with the 800 number on the back of the card to verify and do so... it will be a
scam.  The credit card company already has your 3 digit code.
Greg Burrows