Re: Jaguar 4 piston calipers? Do they work? Removing Smog- How

To: "Mr. McDougall" <flxible42@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jaguar 4 piston calipers? Do they work? Removing Smog- How
From: racery@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:40:02 +0000
Hey, I know the answer to this-

about 8 years ago, there was a Briddish company that developed an adaptor kit
for MK1 E types to put the later (mk3) 4- pots on 'without modifications to the
car'

I wrote them a letter (remember letters?) asking for more details, and they
explained that yes, it should work, and no, I could not purchase one from them
since they had no desire whatsoever to deal with our litigous country.
(actually, I think it was DOT certification)  But the implication was that if I
was ever in the country, I should stop by and discuss dimensions with them- but
not tell them that I was going to export 'em!

So no, the nice Jag calipers won't fit without an adaptor...  and I can't find
my correspondence, but the ad was in Classic and Sportscar...

Toby