ENJOYING the RIDE - The "R" hits the streets

Subject: ENJOYING the RIDE - The "R" hits the streets
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:43:16 -0400
Just updated the website http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/ with
some "finished" pics and videos.  Its still a work in progress, but I've
driven it 120 miles so far and WOW!   Had to peel the grin off my face with a
pry bar!

Haven't taken the motor over 5000 yet - its still too fresh - but the
acceleration is amazing.  It stops well, but I haven't pushed it yet.  Still
have to dial in front-rear bias and do some parking lots hammer stops to see
if the volvo brakes will be enough...

Had a local shop ( owner races SCCA and also fields a dirt track Legends car)
do the setup on the front end, and I'm very pleased with the results. Settings
are -1 degree camber, 2-1/4 degree caster, 1/6" toe-in.

Still have to dial in the carb and advance curve, since its running rich (
better than the alternative for a fresh motor), and bogs a bit from a dead
stop.  I think it can stand a bit more inital advance too ( at 10 right now,
will try 12 when it stops raining....).

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/