RE: Sports and Exotic Car - Hemmings

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sports and Exotic Car - Hemmings
From: "Eric Gillis" <egillis@ceres.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:24:34 -0700
Yes, I also was marketed the new mags return card with the nice classics on the
front (along with another return card for Eve and Me, but that is another,
brown-wrapper story).  I can confidently say that the image of the yellow
roadster is the nicely, if not pristinely upkept '66 2000 of Herb Petty,
Modesto.  One of the cleanest KA24-swapped roadsters out there.  When I found
the card in the mail, I went directly to my collection of business cards and
found the same picture on Herb's calling card.  I can't wait to tell him, alas
he is in the Fatherland (Japan) right now, rubbing elbows with the SR/SP club
members.  I wonder how the image 'got out' to the marketing/advert types.

Enjoy the ride,
Eric Gillis
Modesto, CA