RE: clutch

To: "'Oliver'" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clutch
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:12:54 -0700
What engine do you have?

If it's a 1600/4speed, then beware that removing the drive shaft allows
tranny fluid to pour out the tranny tailshaft. So either drain the
tranny fluid, or cap the tailshaft before pulling the engine/trans.

Obviously, double-check that everything is disconnected. One time, I
missed removal of an oil-line (I think it was for the oil gauge) and
pulled that sucker straight when I yanked the engine.

Fred - So.SF