smog test time, wish me luck, I'll need it!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: smog test time, wish me luck, I'll need it!
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 23:00:30 EDT
Hello,

    Well it's time to smog test on of my friends  roadsters. I usually tune
it up for her and have it tested. I did the normal  timing, valves, carbs stuff
an it just would not run smoothly. Started pulling  plug wires and found #1
to be basically dead. Did a compression test and #1 is  60 dry and 100 wet. The
others are 100-110 dry. I put the oxygen sensor on it  and that seems to
think it's pretty clean. It's not smoking so I assume the  compression rings
are
wearing out. It has over 100k on it so it's about time I  suppose. I'll try it
in the morning and see what happens.

keith