1600 and/or parts for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 and/or parts for sale
From: <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:38:46 -0400
My old 1600 is no longer welcome in my yard. Frankly I don't think it's a
target for restoration, modification/beat up at track, sure. Listed are all the
flaws I can think of plus the good stuff. I'd like it all gone at once
preferably, but I'm not sure what to ask for it all, or what to ask for the
pieces, so just let me know if you want something and make me an offer. I guess
I need to get enough out of the whole thing to get a new soft top, the soft top
parts I'm missing, and a professional install for the top. I'm in Gainesville,
FL..  Let me know if you have questions

Major flaw - all hydraulics stolen for my 2000
major good - running engine & good front end parts

New Dash Cap (not installed)

Has aftermarket roll bar, just 2" pipe but I have heard this car was raced in
town long time ago. Solidly attached to body but not frame. Soft and hard tops
fit over it.

a number of parts, might be some good stuff in there, most of which are
useless, like a 4 speed housing and leftover old gears, 1600 valve cover, a new
coil...

Running R16 and 4 speed with a ton of slop in left-to-right movement.
relatively new timing chain & gears. Header. Not original engine.

the Radiator is for a 2000

All guages and clock work except ammeter, speedo cable not working but guage is
fine (I think), odometer doesn't work even when speedo cable working

All ball joints and other front end pieces are good, had new urethane caps put
on most of them when lower ball joints were replaced, very low mileage on the
lower joints, EXCEPT:

Steering box has a TON of slop, idler box maybe too

Lots of bondo :-)

Right rear )where the taillights are) was hit (While parked up IN MY DRIVEWAY
20 feet from the road)

No horn

basically speaking no interior. 2 seats that are mostly shot, no headrest, dash
cracked there and back again

floorpans rusted out with sheet metal pop-riveted/screwed in place

ammeter appears dead

Windshield foggy around edges

missing some windshield trim pieces, trim not installed

chip in right window. Right window will pull right out of door if you lift up
on it

Soft top frame, bow appears fine to me, the frame was broken in one spot and
repaired with a strip of metal and screws, seems very solid but I'd probably
have the break welded

Hard top, a little rough. The back window was broken out and replaced with
Plexi. A little piece of trim was broken off and glued back on

Tires are 25 years old, dry rot city

mag rims are apparently steel in the middle and pitted. Not sure how to
clean/refinish.

Hydraulics are shot, I think the brake master may be good. So all cylinders
need replaced.

Driver door sags but can be shut.

I'd really like to take the fenders off it and put on the 2000, and put the
ones on it that are on the 2000,  but I'm afraid that if I try to get the doors
off I'll never get them back on - I started to try but the bolts just ripped in
half....