Re: 14.809 in the 1/4 mile

To: pletch5@aol.com
Subject: Re: 14.809 in the 1/4 mile
From: Bill Cole <datrock@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:00:35 -0700
Ken, That is a very good time, alot of small blocked v8 street cars
would like to see that time.. Just curios, what engine do you have in
your roadster and do you have 370 or 389 gears..Good to hear the
roadsters are at the track, I believe Alvin ran his awhile back and did
very good too.
    Just to compare.... My very heavy  69 Chevelle with 402/4sp( daily
driver in 70's) ran mid 13's with street tires low 12's with sticky
tires. Sad to say gas was 65 cents a gallon during that time.  Bill