Re: Rear brake cylinders: repair or replace?

To: <gregs672liter@netzero.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear brake cylinders: repair or replace?
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 14:50:13 -0500
Check it for the infamous gunk that clings to the sides of the cylinder
walls first... a very light hit with 600-1000 grit sandpaper will take it
off easily and won't hurt the hone....  If you got pitting, it's pretty much
shot, but hang on to it cause someday someone will probably put stainless
inserts in there.    Your only other option is to contact one of the evil
vender people and pay the price ($80+) for new calipers.   Good luck!

Eric