new owner soon

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: new owner soon
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 03:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all-

I am in the process of purchasing the car in San Francisco that Dan looked at
and was kind enough to tell me more about.

I am wondering if there are any sites besides here and 311s.org where I could
post 15" Panasports wanted.  Everyone I've called (including Panasport.com)
says they are out until mid June. I'm trying to be patient but you know how
exciting a new toy is.

Would anyone care to give me a list of the location of drain holes that should
be checked and body cavities to be kept clean, ie where are water and mud traps.

Any quirks to these cars I should know about?  Once I bought a Porsche 928 &
couldn't resist dumping the clutch to lay a wheel (v8 power on tap) before
finding out you do not ever want to do that $$$ to those cars.

Anyone in the southeast that's interested: I know a guy whose organizing a
vintage car rally  from Atlanta to Chattanoga on June 11.  It's a weekend event
and requires a passenger who can be a focused navagator.  For more info contact
Allistair at Flashback Motorworks in Cumming Ga, 770-781-8989.  Allistair heads
up another event in the fall called Damn the Torpedoes, check out
www.damn-the-torpedoes.com. This event is run on rural roads from Athens GA to
St. Mary's FL and apparently this event attracted considerable police attention
last year as several people were ticketed.  I think the Chattanooga one is more
laid back.

Can't wait to get the car.

Eric