Windshield installation

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield installation
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:05:31 -0500
I bought a collection of several old Toyota Corollas once and decided to put a
"good" windshield in the "good" car.  One of my friends advised me to sit in
the drivers seat and push out on the windshield with both feet.  I promptly
broke my windshield into millions of little pieces.  The Toyota has a metal
reinforcement in the rubber seal and the glass had nowhere to go.  One of the
other Corollas had a "good" windshield that I took to a professional and let
him install.  I cut the rubber seal off and used the "good" seal from the
windshield I broke.  Professional installers will guarantee their work.  If
they buy something and then break it they will replace it.  It's a little more
expensive, but you don't end up with your feet sticking out  through the
windshield.

If you are somewhere around Mineral Wells on the First of May come see Andy
and me autocross his SRL 2400 roadster.  Andy has been "tweaking" the car this
week and we should be a little faster.  Andy's job is to Go Fast and my job is
to Look Good, so he will probably beat me, but I'll get the points for Style.

Leisure Suit Terry