tank is tanked

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: tank is tanked
From: "Richard Hugi" <richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:27:21 -0700
Well,

I was just about to deliver my 70 to the new owner this weekend, when it
cut out on me and died.  I fussed with the carbs and checked the spark
ect. and I popped off the fuel filter and I was amazed what came out.
It looked like the end of the night on a bathroom floor after a college
frat party.  I removed the top to the fuel pump and it looked murky I
assume the worst and now I am sure that the fuel tank must be cleaned
out and fuel lines replaced.  Has anyone done this recently that can
give me some advice before I rip everything out?

Thanks

Richard